RIM Announces Winners of the BlackBerry EMEA Innovation Awards 2011
RIM has announced the winners of the BlackBerry EMEA Innovation Awards 2011. The awards which are in their fourth year are the highlight of the annual BlackBerry EMEA Alliance Summit. The awards recognise and reward organisations from within the BlackBerry Alliance Programme in Europe, the Middle East and Africa that have delivered compelling applications and services to customers using the BlackBerry platform.
There are seven categories in the award with this year seeing the introduction of a new category specifically to recognise solutions for the BlackBerry PlayBook™ tablet. The Playbook tablet is unfortunately being written-off by RIM. Winners were selected by an independent panel of eleven judges.
For the first time there was a People’s Choice award featuring in the categories. The People’s Choice Awards featured the most popular free apps as voted for by fans and followers via the BlackBerry Facebook and Twitter channels across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Driving Innovation in Enterprise and the Public Sector: TechMobile Srl
- Accelerating innovation for entrepreneurs – Starting & Growing a Small Business: QUALTEH JR
- Optimising the BlackBerry Experience: SystAG Systemhaus GmbH
- Entertainment on BlackBerry: DevelopIQ Limited
- Going Social – Best BBM Connected App: Wikitude
- Most Innovative PlayBook Tablet Solution: HDS Digital SAS
- People’s Choice Award: Vanatur World Mobile Solutions
“In developing the tools that help our customers drive more value out of their investment in BlackBerry devices and services, our partners play a vital role in the continuing development of the BlackBerry ecosystem,” said Alec Saunders, VP Developer Relations at RIM.